My lovely mother-in-law has an incredible green thumb and has been giving us TONS of tomatoes! Thankfully we love tomatoes and have been eating them in almost every meal! Here are a couple fun recipes we’ve tried. Above is just plain and simple mayo, avocado, tomato, salt and pepper on toast.
One of the first things I made was this guacamole because I had a bunch of avocados from our new place in Ventura! Yes, we have an avocado tree guys! So excited about that, I promise we will be posting more info about that soon. Anyways, this guacamole I made with black beans, avocado, diced spicy green chiles, tomato, a little cayenne, and lots of garlic salt and pepper. These chips we ate it with are my new favorite, I ordered them off Amazon randomly. They have all types of tasty things in them flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds. Healthy and tasty!
Another yummy side dish I made was chick pea and tomato salad with basil. I served it with grilled tri tip for a tasty summer meal. The dressing on the salad is just mixing a little red wine vinegar with a little olive oil and a little apple cider vinegar, a few cloves of crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
Some other things we made, but I did not get photos of are:
4. Caprese Paninis with proscuitto, yum. Just sandwich together some buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, balsamic, proscuitto and press it in the panini press for a few minutes. Bellissimo!
5. Adam’s mom made homemade marinara sauce and froze it. Smart lady!
6. Caprese salad with chicken and avocado. I like to get the little mozzarella balls, Ciliegine is the proper term I believe, and the balsamic dressing from Trader Joes. So good.
7. Omelets with fresh veggies and extra tomato.
8. Turkey sandwich with extra tomato.
9. A plain old tomato with extra tomato, we ate so many tomatoes.
Lastly, you can just pretend you are at La Tomatina in Buñol, Spain and have a tomato fight. Definitely on our bucket list of things to experience!